PatFinder – search for patents the way you like it
New chatbot solution for innovation creators
PatFinder 0.9.6 (beta) AVAILABLE NOW!
Add to Slack
Currently, there is no quick and reliable solution for finding relevant patents. This is why Aligned Research Group decided to come up with its own solution - AI driven chatbot that provides you with all the relevant information in the matter of seconds. PatFinder - search for patents the way you like it.
by Aligned Research Group
PatFinder launch at WSAI 2020
Search results by year
Patent update notification
Reasons to like PatFinder
Some features that will not leave you indifferent
Easy chatbot solution that can help you effortlessly search all the necessary information about patents
Searching simultaneously European (EPO) and American databases (USPTO)
NLP support, AI core to enrich clients' knowledge, modern UI, upcoming API that will expand the boundaries of using our technology
Implemented notification system that allows you to receive notifications about new patents for your chosen topic
Add to Slack
Fill out the simple form below and describe your impression or finding a bug in PatFinder's operation
Patfinder in Slack
How do I add Patfinder to Slack? First make sure you have the rights to install apps for your Slack team. Then you can either find the Patfinder app in the Slack App Store or simply head to our Slack page and hit the Add to Slack button. You will be taken through a screen asking you to allow Patfinder to access your Slack team. If you have access to multiple teams, pick the one you want to install Patfinder for.
How I can find patent? Send to bot a patent number and it will find info about it, for example: 3930294 Also it can recognize the following command syntax: `param1: value1 param2: value2 param3: value3.1 value3.2 ...`
What search fields does the bot understand? — `title:` Patent title phrase or key words — `abstract:` Patent abstract phrase or key words — `year:` Patent year — `date:` Date patent was granted — `app-date:` (`f-date`, `filing-date:`, `filed-date`) Date the patent application was filed (filing date) — `inventor-first-name:` (`i-fn:`, `inv-fname:`) First name of inventor(s) — `inventor-last-name:` (`i-ln:`, `inv-lname:`) Last name of inventor(s) — `assignee-organization:` (`a-org:`) Organization name, if assignee is organization
How to search patent by few words words of title? Use a quoted text as text phrase. For example: `title: "Chemical entities with multiple modes"` Without quotes I will look for a set of keywords.
How to find patent in a specific value range? Patfinder bot recognize comparison operators `<`, `<=`, `>`, `>=` for dates and numbers. For example: `app-date: >=2007-10-04 <2008-01-04`, `year: >2010 <=2012`
Is there any notification options? Bot can regularly check the database for new patents matching your query and text you when I spot one. Just add `notify` at the start of your command. For example: `notify title:convolutional` If you want to see your notifications send one of the following commands: `show my notifications`, `show notifications`, `my notifications`, `notifications`, `show my notices`, `show notices`, `my notices`, `notices`.
What is «Fuzzy search»? Patfinder can look for patents that are similar to the patents you specify: `fuzzy 9336582 9524450` (though only 2016 and 2017 patents are indexed at the moment)
How to get quick help in slack? Type `@patfinder help` to view available options and quick help in slack chat.
I have more questions! We are excited about your interest in Patfinder for Slack. You can reach us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help and answer any questions you have.
Effective as of April, 1, 2017
Term of use
The following terms and conditions govern all access to and use of the Patfinder web application, the www.Patfinder.ai website ("Website") and service (together, the "Patfinder Service") including all content, services and products available at or through the Patfinder Service.
Please read the Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Patfinder Service. Your accessing or using any part of the Patfinder Service evidences your agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of the Agreement, then you may not access or use the Patfinder Service.
1. Patfinder Service The Patfinder Service allows you to collect data from USPTO database and to aggregate, analyze and visualize data from this data sources in Slack . Through your use of the Patfinder Service, we may have access to and/or collect various types of information. Patfinder may also, in the future, update current services and/or features or offer new services and/or features to the Patfinder Service (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such updated or new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the Agreement. Access to the Patfinder Service is permitted on a temporary basis. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue offering or updating the Patfinder Service at any time without notice. If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding your subscription, please email email@example.com.
2. Slack Service Patfinder and Slack Technologies Inc, the provider of the Slack communication service, ("Slack") are different entities. There is no relationship between Patfinder and Slack, other than Patfinder being a licensee and user of the Slack API for the purpose of providing the Patfinder Service. Slack is not responsible for the Patfinder Service and will not provide support for the Patfinder Service. These terms do not apply to your use of the Slack services. Such use is governed by the Slack Terms of Service available on the website www.slack.com.
4. Intellectual Property We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Patfinder Service and in the material published on it. We grant you: a limited, non-exclusive, revocable license to make use of the Patfinder Service (excluding the Website); and a limited, non-exclusive, revocable license to make personal, non-commercial use of the Website and the material published on it. These licenses shall terminate when the Agreement terminates in accordance with Section 7 (Termination). The Agreement does not transfer any of Patfinder's or any of Patfinder's licensors' intellectual property to you. Title to such intellectual property will remain solely with Patfinder or Patfinder's licensors (as applicable). All Patfinder trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, domain names, and any other features of the Patfinder brand are the sole property of Patfinder. Your use of the Patfinder Service grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any of Patfinder's trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, domain names or any other features of the Patfinder brand, whether for commercial or non-commercial use.
5. Third Party Sites The Patfinder Service may contain links to other independent third-party websites ("Third-party Sites"). Third-party Sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and do not endorse their content or their privacy policies (if any). You will need to make your own independent judgement regarding your interaction with any Third-party Sites, including the purchase and use of any products or services accessible through them.
6. Changes We reserve the right to change the Agreement at any time for any reason. Any changes we may make to the Agreement in the future will be notified to you by posting an updated version of the Agreement on this page with an updated revision date and, where appropriate, by email. Your continued use of or access to the Patfinder Service following the notification of any changes to the Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes.
7. Termination Patfinder may terminate the Agreement and suspend your access to all or any part of the Patfinder Service immediately by contacting you at your email address on record if: you commit a breach of the Agreement, as determined by us in our discretion, or we suspect that may be the case; or we consider termination necessary to protect the integrity or security of the systems used by us at any time. If you wish to terminate the Agreement, you must cancel your Patfinder Account. On termination of the Agreement by any party and for any reason all rights granted to you under the Agreement shall cease and you must immediately cease all activities authorized by the Agreement, including your use of the Patfinder Service.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Patfinder Service is provided "as is" and "as available". Patfinder hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Patfinder does not warrant that the Patfinder Service will be complete, accurate, reliable, timely, secure, error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you are using the Patfinder Service at your own discretion and risk. We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee or assume responsibility for any Messages, or any other product or service advertised or offered by a third party on or through the Patfinder Service. The provisions in this clause do not affect your statutory or mandatory rights which cannot be excluded by applicable law.
9. Limitation of Liability In no event will Patfinder be liable with respect to any subject matter of the Agreement under contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable claim for: (i) any indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damages; (ii) loss of profit, business, revenue, anticipated savings, business opportunity; (iii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; or (iv) the cost of interruption of use or loss or corruption of data. Patfinder shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond its reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
10. Representations and Warranties You represent and warrant that your use of the Patfinder Service will be in strict accordance with the Agreement. In particular, you represent and warrant that: you will comply with the Slack Terms of Service at all times; you will provide us with accurate information (where required); you will not use the Patfinder Service in the event of an emergency; you will not use the Patfinder Service in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with the Agreement, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, including viruses, or harmful data, into the Patfinder Service; you will not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the Patfinder Service; you will not do any of the following in relation to your use of the Patfinder Service: be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory, defame any person, promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, promote violence, promote any illegal activity, promote sexually explicit material, disclose the name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual without their consent, harass, upset, embarrass, threaten, alarm or annoy any other person, be likely to mislead or deceive any person, impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person, contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites; you will not use the Patfinder Service in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; and you will not collect or harvest any information or data from any content or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Patfinder Service.
11. Indemnification You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Patfinder and its respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of your use of the Patfinder Service, including but not limited to your violation of the Agreement.
12. Miscellaneous The Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Patfinder and you concerning the provision of the Patfinder Services. The Agreement is between you and us and is not intended to grant rights, including the right to enforce any of its terms, to any other person. Any failure or delay by us to enforce the Agreement or any provision thereof shall not waive our right to do so. We may transfer our rights and obligations under the Agreement to a third party, but this will not affect your rights or obligations under the Agreement. Each of the terms and conditions of the Agreement operate separately. If any court or competent authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining conditions will remain in full force and effect and will be construed as far as possible to give effect to the parties' intentions as originally expressed in the Agreement.
13. Contact If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding the Agreement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective as of April, 1, 2017
1. Collection of Information. The Patfinder Service allows you to collect data from USPTO database and to aggregate, analyze and visualize data from this data sources in Slack . Through your use of the Patfinder Service, we may have access to and/or collect various types of information:
Personal Information. When you use the Patfinder Services, you may provide us with your personally identifiable information either directly or through third party data sources you connect to the Patfinder Services ("Personal Information"). This Personal Information may include your first and last name, e-mail. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in thee-mail, so that we may send you a reply.
Information from Slack; Messages to Slackbot. The Patfinder Service requires access to your data, as well as the data of your team members, that is stored in or made available to Slack as contemplated in Slack's Customer Terms of Service. We have access to that information, which may include your Personal Information or Confidential Information. We also store messages directed at the Slackbot, whether by direct message, by conversations during the dialogs with Slackbot or an @-mention in a Slack chat room. We do not store messages not directed at the Slackbot.
Web-Browser Cookies. The Patfinder Services may use "cookies" to enhance your user experience. Your web browser may place cookies on their hard drive for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about them. You may choose to set your web browser to reject cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you do so, please note that some parts of the Website may not function properly. Please also note that "cookies" are used to collect general usage and volume statistical information that does not include personal information.
Web Beacons. Our Website may also contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) that are set by our service providers or business partners. Web beacons are used along with cookies enabling us and/or our partners to compile aggregated statistics and analyze how our Website is used. We may use a third party service provider or our business partners to gather information about how you and others use our Website. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our Website is used.
Computer Information. Like most websites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
We do not sell, lease or transfer your Personal Information or Confidential information to third parties, but we may and sometimes shall disclose your Personal Information or Confidential information if any one of the following circumstances occur:
as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information;
to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
We also may anonymize or aggregate Personal Information or Confidential Information with the Personal Information or Confidential information of other users (e.g. average performance indicators) so that the information does not identify you and does not identify you as a source of data. Such anonymized or aggregated information does not constitute Personal Information or Confidential Information and we reserve the right to sell, lease or transfer that information now or in the future.
3. Public Information. If you are a member of a Slack team that has enabled Patfinder Services, we may publicly present on our Website (i) your Slack team name and team avatar and (ii) your Slack user name, your first and last name, and your Slack avatar. We will not publicly present your personal team information like reports and direct massages you provide to Patfinder.
4. Information Security. The security of your Personal Information and Confidential Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your Personal Information, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. As a result, we cannot guarantee its security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of information at any time. If you have any questions about security in using the Patfinder Service, please contact us at email@example.com.
5. Updates to Information. If you would like to review or update your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you ever decide to delete your account, you may do so by emailing email@example.com. If you terminate your account, any association between your account and information we store will no longer be accessible through your account. However, given the nature of sharing on the Patfinder Services, any public activity on your account prior to deletion will remain stored on our servers and will remain accessible to the public.
Support and Beta test
Click the button for some help with adding PatFinder to Slack or complete the Beta report form - we will be grateful to you for participation in the beta test and feedback